Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thought of the day

In Alma chapter four we read about a group of people who waxed proud. They were normal people just like you and me who started to focus more on the things of the world instead of focusing on who God would have them to become.In verse 12 it breaks down exactly what these people started doing. For example, despising others, turning their backs upon the needy and the naked, and those who were hungry and those who were athirst and those who were sick and afflicted. These people seem like terribly mean people who have no heart, but than I thought that they are probably more like me than I want to believe. How often have I bought myself an expensive outfit? Have I spent money on things that I really didn't need? Who could I have helped instead.  I think it would be easier to see my folly if the poor, hungry, or needy had to walk around with me in the stores and watch me buy myself all these things I really didn't need, especially knowing in my heart that they are starving or don't even have a place to stay. Oh, may I care a lot more, and may I have eyes to see myself as I really am. May I not be the one who is turning my back on the poor and the needy. May it not be written of me that which was written of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment