Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughts of the day

The Book of Mormon is an amazing book. We learn that we can call upon God and he hears our prayers. There's an account about a couple of brothers who didn't believe that God could answer their prayers. In fact,their brother Nephi asks them bluntly,"have you inquired of the Lord?" They basically told Nephi that they had not, and did not believe that God would answer their questions. I have pondered this story and have actually felt bad for Laman and Lemuel. I wondered how could they be so blind. Why couldn't they just take a moment and find out for themselves if God hears and answers their prayers? Then, I realized that whether I want to admit it or not; I might be a little like them. How often I have read things in the scriptures and haven't taken the time to ask God for further light and knowledge. Also, how often do I try to get through my day without calling on the person who could give me the guidance I would need. God has helped me so much in my life and he will continue to be there, all I need to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment